Thursday, April 25, 2013

Earth Week Day Four: Merry Gold

Hello, and a happy Thursday to you all. Today I have the fourth polish in my new line of earth inspired polishes. Merry Gold is an ultra sheer golden yellow polish that can be worn on its own, but also goes on well over more opaque polishes. I like it both on its own and layered over other polishes, but I think I prefer to paint and extra layer or two and have my entire nail be gold. I have a disclaimer I want to get out of the way before you see the picture: My eyes see the gold on my fingers to be at least two shades darker than the photo makes it seem. I tried really hard to capture the accurate opacity of real life but my camera refuses to cooperate. I'll let you see for yourself:


I used China Glaze's "Liquid Leather" as well.


Here it is alone in the bottle.



Here it is both by itself and over Liquid Leather. See how sheer it looks? That is not what my own eyes see.

I could bitch about how sheer my camera made this swatch to be, but that won't really help me, so I won't. I used four coats on the nails that are Merry Gold alone. I used one coat of Liquid Leather on my middle finger, let it dry, and added one coat of Merry Gold over that. As always, I finished up with Seche Vite. I'll admit that when I ordered the pigment to make this polish I thought that it would be a lot less yellow in hue. I guess that's just another excuse to buy even more pigment! ;)

Well that is all I have for you today. Tomorrow is my day off from work and if I'm not super lazy I hope to do something with my new liquid sands from OPI's Bond Girl collection. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment