Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm Expanding Earth Day to Earth Week! Day One: Deciduous Forest

In honor of our loving planet Earth I have decided to give you a swatch a day of my new 5 polish collection inspired by planet Earth! At the end of the work week I will celebrate this by releasing all 5 polishes to my etsy shop. I will start today with the obvious choice of a beautiful earthy, shimmery/metallic green called Deciduous Forest:
Here it is in the bottle, up a tree, in the sunlight


Here we have it outside, obviously, in a shaded part of the yard


And lastly here it is in the direct sunlight.

As you can see it has both a shimmery and a metallic effect to it. It's very unlike anything I usually wear, but it's so fun to turn your hand to get all aspects of the pigment. I also love how it behaves differently in the sunlight. In these photos I used three coats and well as a top coat (Seche Vite). I would highly recommend using a top coat because metallic pigments have a tendency to make polish formulas more apt to streaking. However, that's one of the things I love about metallic style polishes so it doesn't bother me.  Thanks for taking time to look at my newest creation. Tomorrow I will give you a purple polish. Don't forget that Wednesday is the next installment of the Untried Polish Challenge! I hope you all have a splendid Earth Day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gasp! It's so pretty! I gotta get my hands on some of your lovely shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should get you some sample or something so you can both have them and swatch them for me, if you'd like. If you like all of the new ones that I'm going to be posting I'd love to let you try them out!

      Delete