Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sponged Spring Nails

Hello all! Today I finally had a little extra time to myself so I decided to take a small break from my own nail polish line and do some nail art. I didn't have a whole lot of time so I decided to use the gold old makeup sponge to create a really simple design. If you want to recreate this design you will need a makeup sponge cut up into small pieces (one for each color). The colors I used were butter LONDON's Sprog, Fiver, and Fruit Machine as well as Big Yellow Taxi from Ciate.


I started out by painting each nail one solid color, using a different color for each nail (on this hand I painted both my pinkie and pointer finger with Fiver since I only used four colors total). After each nail was dry I carefully painted a small piece of sponge in a different color, using a total of four sponge segments in all. I slowly dabbed the painted sponge over the nail, let it dry, then repeated the process with a different colored sponge. I continued this until I got the pattern I wanted for each finger.

To top this mani off I used Seche Vite. I will admit that this time I didn't use a base coat. I have misplaced mine for the time being. Usually I will use OPI's base coat. The makeup sponge is one of the greatest tools for nail art, in my opinion. It's not hard to use and you can use different sizes to obtain varying amounts of coverage. This photo was taken inside, but this time I had the pleasure of taking a picture in a sunny area.  I hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Much better than my awful Saran Wrap manicure I tried today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoooooo love your pretty nails!!!! please look at mine if you get a tick x o x o x o - http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-spring-nail-varnishes.html

    ReplyDelete